There are numerous maid of honor duties that have to be catered to and if you thought being a matron of honor or a bridesmaid is only about having fun then you would be pleasantly surprised. In many cases, maid of honor duties make a maid of honor or matron of honor busier than the bride herself. The maid of honor duties can be classified into pre-wedding, wedding and post wedding stages. Here we shall take a look at all the maid of honor duties during the pre wedding phase.
• Maid of honor duties commence from the moment one gets a confirmation from the bride that she is going to be the maid of honor or matron of honor. The first few maid of honor duties would be to work with the bride and her family to get the list of invitees’ right. Making suggestions, pinpointing those who have been missed and also trying to organize the entire exercise are integral to maid of honor duties.
• Shopping with the bride is mandatory for a matron of honor. Not only would shopping for the bride or herself be one of the maid of honor duties but also ensuring that the dresses, jewelry and all accessories are in place for all the bridesmaids and the entire bridal gang.
• Playing an active role during the phases when the cake is being ordered, the cards are being selected, the invitations are being sent out and all such activities are significant maid of honor duties.
• One of the most important maid of honor duties is to organize a bridal shower. Now, a matron of honor can organize it herself or one can team up with a few bridesmaids to do the same. The latter is less hassle and most maids of honor opt for that.
• Throwing a bachelorette party is also one of the maid of honor duties. A matron of honor may or may not be obligated to do the same but if one has a perception that because of being married, a matron of honor cannot organize a bachelorette party then you can rest assured that it is perfectly alright.
• Handling logistics is often a part of maid of honor duties. A matron of honor may have to be completely available during the pre wedding days when guests are arriving and putting up at hotels or at the house of the bride and attending to all of them are also among the maid of honor duties.
• Attending all pre wedding parties are also integral to maid of honor duties.